Latest Read: The Universe Has Your Back

11:01 AM


THIS. This book I recommend for anyone needing a pick me up, or anyone who needs to restore and reconnect with their faith. The Universe Has Your Back is the latest book written by Gabrielle Bernstein, who has become a prominent motivational speaker who calls herself a "Spirit Junkie." I've grown to love that term following her on social media, because it's so true! You thrive and become addicted to good spirits, positive thinking, and living in solid faith! 

On my recent trip to Chicago, I ended up reading this entire book between the flight there and the flight back because it just resonated with me so easily. Each chapter focuses on something different: discovering your hidden power and dreams for the world, realizing you are ALWAYS being guided, having your "vibes" speak louder than your words, having fun while going about your daily life, coming to terms with obstacles and that they are detours in the right direction, how the universe and God works in mysterious ways, and being an instrument of love for all the people around you. One standout quote said "All the angels in heaven will come to your aid, let love guide everything you say and do." It all focuses on living a joyful and loving life and treating everyone with love and kindness. It also suggests doing so through prayer and meditation when things go awry. I found this lesson in the picture below to be particularly true:
Through life, I have been through some incredibly bad times...but I surrendered my life to the Lord and He brought incredible growth and opportunity that I couldn't have even thought to ask for. You can read more about my story here or on the My Story tab. The possibilities are infinite, which is what this lesson was trying to tell anyone who reads this book;  and when you surrender, you 'transform your fear into faith' and from that, live a much more joyous life. 

The last part of the book I have to comment on that hit me head on, was in the last chapter, "Be an Instrument For Love." This particular passage dealt with accepting the love that shines through the bad times. "The wound is the place where the light enters you," quoted in the book from Rumi, had me almost emotional. The whole paragraph written by Gabby was focused on how your wounds are planned, and how in times of trial you should honor the trauma, pain and fear, realizing that peace and love are always shining through you. I read this over and over again, realizing that this aligns with the point of my blog. The Positivity Project is meant to find the happiness in a bad situation, and keeping your spirits up. I trusted in the Lord through all I have been through, and I waited and saw that the peace and love was shining through me the entire time. 

I hope that anyone who needs to realign with their inner peace, confidence and faith reads this book. It definitely helped keep me on track, and reminded me of all that I've been blessed with. If anyone has had an experience like this, feel free to comment below and spread the happiness! 

Enjoy! :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Subscribe To My Blog!

Subscribe